This is a evolution of the MK7 Drive Gear. The smaller diameter gives 35% more power.
If you need a replacement gear, or you're designing your own custom project, this is the part! Very sharp teeth to dig into the plastic filament for the best grip ever.
Direct drive of the filament will give better prints.
Our MK8 Drive Gear was Best In Test in the benchmark test from Airtripper.
You can find the benchmark test here: 3D Printer Extruder Filament Drive Gear Review & Benchmark
Made by precise machining of stainless steel. The drive gear includes a M3 set screw and is suitable for typical NEMA17 motor shaft (5mm).
- Dimension: 11mm (height) x 9mm (diameter)
- Diameter (measured with caliper): 6.8mm
- Bore size: ø5mm
Real-life measured data (tested with 1.7mm filament):
- Effective diameter: 6.7mm
- Effective circumference : 21mm
- Steps per mm: 152 approx. - tested with direct drive, 200 steps/rev and 1/16th. microstepping: 200 * 16 / 21 ~= 152